“So, what do you do?” This is probably the most ineffective question that a holistic health practitioner could ever ask someone. It is plain. It is boring. And it is the fastest way to end a conversation before it ever starts.
Whether you are a guy trying to pick up a girl or a practitioner trying to network with potential clients, asking people “what they do” is probably the most over used, ineffective question out there. Below you will find a list of the only 10 networking questions that you will ever need to know.
- How did you get in the business of (insert profession here)?
- What do you enjoy most about your profession?
- What advices would you give someone who wants to get into your profession?
- What one thing would you do with your business if you knew you could not fail?
- What are the most significant changes you have seen take place in your profession over the years?
- What do you see as the future trends in your field?
- What are the most effective ways for promoting your business?
- What is the one thing you want people to remember your business for?
- How would you compare yourself to the competition?
- Describe the funniest or craziest thing you’ve seen in your business.
Note: On a psychological level, the most interesting thing for a person to talk about is their self. By asking them intelligent “networking questions”, they know that you are genuinely interested in what they do and you in turn becoming interesting. People do business with fascinating people. They do business with people they like.